A good cheese plate is a balance of flavors
When composing a cheese plate, you want to create a mix of salty, sweet, sour, and bitter.
For the cheese, there should be a mixture of strong and mild/soft and hard textures.
Pair with a low carb dry wine, or a dry champagne. In other cultures, like France, it’s common to serve cheese as dessert.
Cheese plate ingredients:
- Goat Cheese (smooth and mild)
- Wedge of parmigiano-Reggiano (sharp, hard and salty)
- Mixture of low carb berries (sweet and sour)
- Crispy sage leaves (bitter, see recipe below)
- Mix of regular and marcona almonds (salty)
- Blue cheese stuffed olives (bitter, salty)
Fried sage leaves:
Heat 1/2” of oil in a pan and fry the individual leaves for several seconds until they just barely start to brown. Do not overcrowd the pan. Carefully move them onto a paper towel to dry and sprinkle with salt.